Monday, September 3, 2007

September already?

Although obviously intended mainly for my Hesse-Fedora project, I also intended that this blog would cover my other gaming interests. Now, here it is September already, and I had only a single post in August! So, what's been happening on the toy soldier front?

First, I have spent most of my gaming time preparing for the big Napoleonic game that my friend Ray and I have scheduled for Millennium Con X in Austin, TX on November 10. To that end, I've been basing figures and making movement trays. Sadly, we have decided to make one modification to the rules, and are using 2-deep figures to represent a line, that changes the basing for columns as well. Of course, all of my movement trays were already built for columns using the original rules...C'est la guerre!

I am fielding a reinforced French corps at 30:1. There are 25 battalions, 30 squadrons, and 21 miniature guns, about 800 figures all told. A complete OB is at Huzzah!

Here are some of the Napleonics:


Hussars


French 13th Cuirassiers


Most of the corps...

3 comments:

  1. Ed, that's a lot of lead.

    But I urge you NOT to give in to the "dark side" and forget the true joys of the three-cornered hat.

    Have fun . . . but return to your tricorne boys.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. VIVE l'EMPERUR!

    I hope that all goes well in your games!

    I understand your 'rebasing' woes and have undertaken a change in basing system for my own troops.

    In the future all I will need to re-base is a few weeks notice, some metal and 'flocking' paper.

    ReplyDelete